What is the Joining The Family course?
What is the Course Design?
Course objectives are for local church members to:
- Compassionately understand issues that believers of Muslim background face.
- Be equipped to ‘be family’ for these believers, caring for them and helping them grow in Christ.
- Learn from them and be enriched by their insights, ministry gifts and cultures.
Course method: The course combines film interviews with guided discussion in small groups. Each session ends with a practical learning activity to do before next time.
Course content: The six sessions cover the following topics:
- Journeys to Jesus (the testimonies of Muslims turning to Jesus)
- The Pearl of Great Price (the cost and joys of following Christ)
- Welcome to the Family (how local churches can ‘be family’ for these believers)
- Being transformed (how believers grow in Christ and how we can help)
- A blessing for our churches (how we can benefit from what these believers bring us)
- Ambassadors for Jesus (believers relating to their Muslim families and communities)
Wherever possible these groups will include one or more believers of Muslim background so that others can learn directly from their insights and deepen the mutual friendships.
Where can I buy the course?
Joining the Family is part of a trio of resources, designed to equip the church to reach out to Muslims (Friendship First), welcome BMBs into the church family (Joining The Family) and disciple them (Come Follow Me).
This and the other 2 courses are published by Kitab-Interserve resources and can be bought here:
Have you done the course?
Please help us improve it by filling out a feedback form here…